Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney AEST: 9am to 5pm
Adelaide (GMT+10:30): 8.30am to 4.30pm
Perth, Singapore, Malaysia (GMT+8): 7am to 3pm
New Zealand (GMT+12): 11am to 7pm
The one trait many successful leaders share is their natural curiosity and desire to learn. Korn Ferry, an organisational consulting firm recently reported the No. 1 predictor of success is agility, defined in a word: curiosity. In one study of global leaders, those with higher curiosity received twice as many promotions as those with lower levels. Hence why mega corporations like Google have longed placed these soft skills of learning agility and curiosity above intelligence and education.
If individuals want to move quickly and easily in times of change, it requires curiosity and agility. As humans we are innately curious, notably as children. Yet research indicates that only about 15% of employees have a strongly developed sense of curiosity. So why is it that some people seem to discover more impactful answers, lead a more empowering life, and have greater successes than others?
In this course, learn how to cultivate and harness the most important leadership trait of curiosity to move your leadership, your team, and your career to the next level.
Join Talent Management Executive Carolyn Shaw as she spells out the benefits of being curious. Unpack how to develop the curiosity quotient competency of yourself and your people, and how to overcome the obstacles to practicing a curiosity mindset. Further, you will explore strategies, tools and actions leaders can take to cultivate curiosity in the workplace to build a foundation of creativity, critical thinking and innovation.
- Understand why curiosity is the most important leadership trait you need to succeed as a leader and manager
- Understand how soft skill competencies of CQ and EQ can outperform IQ
- How to inspire and cultivate the curiosity quotient of yourself and your people
- How to master your self-awareness, a precursor on the path to mastering the curiosity mindset
- Identifying and overcoming the obstacles to adopting a curious mindset
- Practical actions leaders can take to cultivate curiosity in the workplace
- Using the power of questions to foster critical thinking
- How to prepare for meetings differently to drive creativity, critical thinking and more innovative outcomes
Featuring Our Speakers
Talent Management Executive
Carolyn is an ex-finance geek turned talent management executive. Her backstory extends 20+ years, a commercially grounded CPA, obsessed with developing talent at all levels, to lead more effectively through mastering the fundamental practices of leading-self and advancing the critical skills of leading-others.
This uniquely convergent background is evident in Carolyn’s distinctive perspective on what underpins successful organisations and leaders – they must be both smart and healthy. In her toolkit, Carolyn uses a blend of talent management strategies, programs and processes to propel values-based leadership, people engagement, and high-performance cultures.
Through her career and servant leadership roles in not-for-profits, Carolyn has worked with a diverse range of people, in multiple disciplines and across varied industries in Australia, Asia, Americas and the Middle East. She is known for her infectious energy, light humour, and ability to deliver engaging learning experiences that deliver practical outcomes.
Carolyn is an honored recipient of 2017 International Womens Day Awards for Leadership in Education and Training, also named 2018 Toastmaster of the Year, and awarded 2019 McPherson Community Achiever Award and 2019 Women In Business Awards.
When Carolyn is not leading and facilitating, you will find her raising teenage sons with the love of her life, geeking out at the latest Stars Wars release, or grounding herself with biking and walking the beaches and national parks of the Gold Coast in her hi-viz active wear.
Who should attend?
- Leaders and managers at any level seeking to develop their curiosity quotient, the key to unlocking your and your team’s potential and a key predictor of success.
- This is an essential course for those seeking strategies to cultivate a curiosity mindset in self and others, and strongly believe that fueling a curiosity culture will enhance effectiveness, creativity, innovation, productivity and performance.
- Why Curiosity Matters
- What is the Curiosity Quotient
- How Curiosity Starts with Self
- The Power of Asking Questions
- How to Cultivate a Curiosity Culture