The legal obligations of healthcare providers are extremely varied and can be quite complex. It is therefore important for providers to understand the source of the obligations, the nature of the obligations, how to incorporate compliance into daily practice and what to do when things inevitably go wrong. Healthcare Law for Non Lawyers Masterclass will give you a practical understanding of medico-legal issues and how they impact upon your healthcare practice.
- Understand the practical application and consequences of legal requirements relating to
- Recognise what to do when things go wrong and gain tools and techniques to manage
- Uncover how to manage health information and understand the application of legal standards
of clinical practice
- Master the application to practice and requirements of informed consent
- Gain the tools for management of tricky situations and end-of-life care
Who should attend?
Anyone involved with healthcare, who has an interest in medical, mental health or privacy law
- Documentation Staff
- Privacy Officers
- Mental Health Professionals
- Psychiatric Social Workers
- Doctors and Medical Staff
- Corrections Staff
- Advocacy Groups
- Managing a Death and Adverse Event
- Capacity and Consent
- Documentation by Healthcare Providers
- The Protection of Patient Data, Know your Risks
- The Duty of Care owed by Healthcare Employers to their Employees
- Managing Claims and Complaints: What to Do When Things Go Wrong?