Liabilities, Indemnities, Warranties and Insurance Masterclass will improve your understanding of how liabilities arise through legislation and the common law, teaching you how the opportunities and risk can be managed through indemnities, warranties and insurance.
You will gain insight into laws pertaining to indemnities, liabilities, warranties and insurance, giving you a competitive advantage at a time when all organisations are looking for the slightest edge
- Understand the difference between liabilities and indemnities, warranties and insurance
- Appreciate the impacts and varieties of liabilities that companies face
- Know common and hidden aspects of liabilities and how to avoid them
- Learn to employ a balanced approach to risk management
Featuring Our Speakers
- Honorary Consul Kim Lovegrove, Consultant / Senior International Consultant, Lovegrove & Cotton / World Bank
- Teresa Torcasio, Partner, HWL Ebsworth
- Kaveh Zegrati, Special Counsel, Holding Redlich
- Jennika R Anthony-Shaw, Barrister, Victorian Bar
- Sebastian Greene, Partner, Piper Alderman
- Brian Rom, Special Counsel, HFW Australia
- David Burstyner, Principal Lawyer, Sladen Legal
- Bill Papastergiadis, Managing Partner, Moray & Agnew
Who should attend?
This masterclass is aimed at experienced practitioners who negotiate and draft commercial contracts in private practice and in-house and may also be of interest to litigators
- Introduction – Liabilities, Indemnities, Warranties and Insurance
- Overview of the Term “Liability”
- How do Liabilities Arise?
- Indemnities, Warranties and Insurance
- Insurance on Construction Projects
- Class Action against Companies
- A Balanced Approach to Liability Insurance and Risk Management