In order to survive and excel in today’s competitive market, executives, senior managers and managers
need to make smarter decisions based on better information. The major challenge faced today is being
able to decipher what information is correct and why! Too much time is wasted searching, collecting and
sorting data. Using Power BI correctly enables busy executives to invest their most sparse resource, that
is their time, on analysing the correct information in the right format at the right time. During this
masterclass, we will introduce you to the concepts that you need to know to make effective use of Power
BI to combine data from multiple disparate source systems, cleanse and transform the data, and enrich
the data with appropriate business logic and calculations allowing you to extract valuable insights from
your data. We will then teach you how to easily create interactive reports and dashboards from that data,
and finally how you share and manage your reporting content.
If you spend your days working with volumes of data and want to be more efficient and get actionable
business insights from your data, please join us for this session. You will see helpful demos and learn
how to apply these practical tips and tools to your day-to-day tasks. You will dive into Power BI, as you
create data visualizations, join data from multiple sources, and share intuitive dashboard reports.
DURING THE ONE-DAY COURSE YOU WILL GAIN A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF:
- What Power BI is and how it can work for you!
- Importing data, it’s easier than you think!
- Transforming your raw data into valuable insightful easy to read information.
- Interactive Data Exploration in the real world.
- Power BI Service – creating dashboards and uploading your reports.
- Power BI Service – working with operational dashboards and sharing your masterpieces.
- Power BI Service – refreshing data on your awesome dashboards, made easy!Distributing your content to larger audiences.
- Viewing and managing reports in Power BI.
- Quickly and easily collaborate using Power BI and Office 365 groups.
You will also get the chance to ask your trainer questions, so please feel free to prepare those
beforehand and bring them along with you.
Featuring Our Speakers
Chief Data Strategist
Craig has spent the last 23 years working in software development and the business intelligence services space, he has worked across most industry verticals directly and as an external consultant. Craig is passionate about Power BI and building innovative solutions to real-world problems and his broad experience in Power BI means that he can deliver instructor led hands on courses that can help you create the link between theoretical concepts and real-world scenarios. Craig is also a Microsoft data platform MVP, (Most Valuable Professional) an MVP is an individual that has been selected to receive an annual award for outstanding contributions within communities that utilize Microsoft technologies.
Who should attend?
- C level executives who have a hands-on role within the business.
- Directors, general managers and all management who are passionate about data.
- Staff members who value accurate data and reporting and utilise data to drive efficiencies within
- Using Power BI Desktop to ingest data
- Using Power BI Desktop to model your business
- Creating reports in Power BI Desktop
- Sharing reports and dashboards with your organisation
- Management of content in Power BI